This article was previously published September 10, 2018, and was updated on July 11, 2022.
Pam Dennison is the author of the best dog training books!
My guest on today’s The Real Dr. Doolittle Show™ is award winning author of the best dog training books you’ll ever read, Pam Dennison.
She is a member of the Dog Writer’s Association of America and the winner in 2010 of the DWAA’s prestigious Maxwell Award.
“If you don’t have time to train your dog, get a stuffed animal,” is Pam’s Motto. Pam teaches many different types of classes at her 7,000 square foot facility in Belvidere, NJ and has presented seminars across the globe on a myriad of topics. She holds regular 3-day seminars called Camp R.E.W.A.R.D. for aggressive and reactive dogs.
She competes successfully with her own dogs in Tracking, Competition Obedience, APDT Rally Obedience, Canine Water Sports and Agility. Pam has been helping dog parents since 1992 train their dogs with a positive approach. As a certified dog behaviorist, she has helped dog parents win more awards at shows and also have happier healthier home lives in the process.
Pamela Dennison, CDBC Website: http://www.positivedogs.com
- The difference between positive and negative dog training; you are probably making some of these simple mistakes which could be sabotaging your training right now.
- 3 of the biggest mistakes that people make in training their dogs
- The biggest mistake that Pam made in dog training and how to avoid doing this yourself.
- Learn about Foundational Commands, what they are and how they help with training your dog.
- Some of the most common “poison” words and how they can be a huge detriment to training your dog.
- Instant Recall Commands and how they can save your dog’s life.