Interview with holistic vet Dr. Jean Hofve on the Real Dr Doolittle Show™
Holistic veterinarian Jean Hofve, DVM, is internationally known for her expertise on pet food and nutrition. Dr. Jean has written hundreds of articles, has lectured on pet topics throughout the US, and has appeared on radio and TV around the world.
Her articles have been published in Animal Wellness, Feline Wellness, The Whole Dog Journal, The Whole Cat Journal, Cats, DogWorld, Let’s Live, Journal of the Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy, Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, and many other publications.
Her award-winning website, www.littlebigcat.com, is a respected source of information on feline health, nutrition and behavior. Little Big Cat, won the 2011 Muse Medallion from the Cat Writers’ Association for best website!
Dr. Jean currently lives in Denver with four fabulous felines: Flynn, Puzzle, Sundance, and Spencer.
What you will learn:
- How the types of food you are currently feeding your animal friend may be seriously impacting their overall health.
- How vitamins and mineral supplements can’t make up for poor quality food.
- Find out what the most common problem is that vets see every day.
- Are pets really that fat?
- Why Dr. Hofve does NOT recommend dry food, especially for cats.
- Why titanium dioxide found in animal food is so bad.
- What you should watch out for on the pet food labels.
- Tips on how to get finicky feline eaters to eat a better quality diet.
Check out Dr. Hofve’s latest books, a must for any animal parent; What Cats Should Eat: How to Keep Your Cat Healthy with Good Food, Feline Diabetes: The comprehensive guide from a holistic veterinarian and Fat Cats: A Holistic Veterinarian’s Guide to Your Cat’s Healthy Weight. Dr. Hofve is now retired and not available for specific veterinary advice for individual animals.
Need a little help with your best friend disguised as an animal?
Book a session with Val now at https://valheart.com/.
Ready to learn how to talk to animals yourself?
Get your Hidden Secrets to Communicating with Pets free ebook and find out how now!
This article was previously published December 17, 2011 and was updated on September 26, 2022.
Enjoyed this article? Here are three more to help you:
Bladder Stones and Urine Crystals in Cats – Is There a Cat Food That Helps Prevent Urinary Problems?
Cat Gingivitis – Two Natural Ways to Resolve it
The Causes, Symptoms and Solutions for Cat Hairballs
Leave a Reply