Welcome author June Cotner to the Real Dr Doolittle Show™
June Cotner is the author of twenty-seven books, including the bestselling Graces, Bedside Prayers, and Dog Blessings. Her books altogether have sold nearly one million copies. She has been featured in many national publications including USA Today, Better Homes & Gardens, Woman’s Day and Family Circle and regularly appears on television and radio.
June’s latest love and avocation is giving presentations on Adopting Prisoner-Trained Shelter Dogs. In May 2011, she adopted Indy, a chocolate lab/Doberman mix (a LabraDobie), from the Freedom Tails program at Stafford Creek Corrections Center in Aberdeen, Washington. June works with Indy daily to build on the wonderful obedience skills he mastered in the program.
Listen and learn:
- Why June was inspired to write her book, Dog Blessings, and how it can profoundly impact your own relationships with your furrkids.
- June shares her favorite poem from her Dog Blessings book. You’ll also love the other poems and entries from this book, many of which are written by some of the top poetry writers of our time, including Bernie Siegel, author of Love, Medicine, and Miracles
- About the largest Blessing of the Animals service at The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in New York City.
- How our prison systems are helping to create a win-win-win situation for many dogs who would otherwise be euthanized. (Freedom Tails Program) Hundreds of thousands of dogs are saved each year by this program.
- How June’s own dog adoption from the Freedom Tails Program (Indy) is working out. Her experience with the program has proven to be exceptional!
- Learn what commands a dog masters in the Freedom Tails Program, making the transition into a home easier.
For more information about Dog Blessings and June’s work, please visit her at http://www.junecotner.com.
For more information on the Freedom Tails program and to see dogs available for adoption, go to https://www.facebook.com/Freedomtailsrescue/
This article was previously published December 8, 2011, and was updated on March 7, 2023
Did you enjoy this article featuring June Cotner? Here is some more all about animal communication:
Top 24 Dog and Cat Health Conditions Animal Communication Can Help With
11 of the 27 Brilliant Reasons to Learn Animal Communication
Every Animal Lover Needs to Know How to Talk to Animals
Leave a Reply