This article was previously published May 8, 2019, and has been updated with new information.
In today’s episode of the The Real Dr. Doolittle Show™, we’ll learn about Animal Acupuncture
Tom Ingegno M.S.O.M., L. Ac. is a licensed Acupuncturist and Certified Animal Acupuncturist in New York and Maryland.
He has a long list of impressive credentials, including being part of Baltimore’s TV 25 program on Men in Science and has lectured for several Johns Hopkins groups.
He helped treat FEMA rescue workers for both pain and emotional stress during the New York 9/11 rescue effort. He also treats companion animals including dogs, cats and horses.
He’s worked with several Baltimore rescues groups, and has even been a consultant to the Maryland Zoo.
Tom has performed acupuncture on a rescued Pit Bull from Michael Vick, Camels in Egypt and a Giraffe at the Maryland Zoo, in Baltimore. He has been published in the North American Journal of Oriental Medicine (NAJOM) as well as the Baltimore Dog Magazine andHealthyLivingNYC.com.
You will learn:
- How acupuncture can be used to treat zoo animals
- How acupuncture can help with rescued animals, even pit bulls
- What conditions can be treated with acupuncture and what results you can expect
- How animal acupuncture works
- Whether animals are harder to treat than humans – you may be surprised
- Who should consider acupuncture: both humans and animals
- Situations where acupuncture is not the best healing option
- Typical questions people ask about acupuncture – chances are your question will be answered
- Special animal acupuncture tips that you can use yourself at home
- How you can find a local acupuncturist – acupuncture can be a powerful and relaxing experience for your pet!
Many animals enjoy their treatments and improve quicker than humans with the same conditions.
For more information about animal acupuncture for pets or acupuncture humans please check out Tom Ingegno’s website
You can also get his book, You Got Sick – Now What? on Amazon.
Enjoyed this article? Here are three more to help you:
Healing Dogs Through Meditation – Jim Jacobson on the Real Dr. Doolittle Show™
Val Heart and Jessica Ardeal on BodyTalk Healing for Animals & People
Highly Sensitive People & Empaths Have Unique Gifts